Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 3 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Nonprofit Donations
2019 Campaign Meter
ProgressGoal
$200.00 
$2000
Paypal Donation to MA
 Trending Topics(Posts)
1.Am I still a doormat?8
2.***Acey's Missing Pieces ~ Our Recovery Saga***4
3.How are you all doing?3
4.COVID019: SBA loans for businesses, homeowners and renters3
5.WuD? - Moving on.2
6.Learning about life from life........2
7.My Gratitude Journal1
8.Combated Gaslighting1
9.Site Maintenance This Evening0
10.MA Member Poll: Showing Forum Moderators0
*By replies in last 2 weeks.
In The Media(Posts)
Validation to find-win-win slutions2
Things men want3
These Are The Signs You're Dating A Narcissist3
Girlfriend's 'controlling' list of 22 rules for boyfriend goes viral: 'She sounds crazy'9
What Divorced Men Wish They Had Done Differently In Their Marriages7
Alienation of Affection / Criminal Conversation9
Would you pay your ex a 'break-up fee'? - BBC3
Delaware is now first US state to fully ban child marriage - CBS3
Nashville mayor resigns after affair, pleads guilty to theft2
7 Things Kids Need To Do For Themselves Before They Turn 13 - Healthyway1
more >>
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 49 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 48 49
Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: Miranda] #425129
06/26/17 08:34 PM
06/26/17 08:34 PM
The Dark Side of the Moon
AntigoneRisen Offline OP
Board of Directors
AntigoneRisen  Offline OP
Board of Directors
Originally Posted By: Miranda

This is the best I can do with this. Because babies, pregnancy etc.. ugh, just uh, no. But you go on.

laugh1

Critical Thinking: The Other National Deficit

"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: AntigoneRisen] #425135
06/26/17 08:59 PM
06/26/17 08:59 PM
L
LivingWell Offline
LivingWell  Offline
L
Congratulations on your sweet little blessing on the way!!!!! Sooooo happy for you and the journey that has begun!!

Miranda, that sums up my view of pregnancy, lol. AR, good thoughts coming your way that your experience will be the kind that makes a Hallmark card. smile

Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: Orchid2] #425137
06/26/17 09:00 PM
06/26/17 09:00 PM
holdingontoit Offline
Global Moderator
holdingontoit  Offline
Global Moderator
Wishing you all the joy in the world.

Sense of smell is absolutely tied to pregnancy (presumably to protect the baby). Pretty much all of the professional taste testers in the food industry are women who have been pregnant, because they are the only ones whose sense of smell is sufficiently sensitive.

Solutions? There are none. There are decisions.
Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: AntigoneRisen] #425138
06/26/17 09:02 PM
06/26/17 09:02 PM
Monterey, CA
Fiddler Offline
Administrator
Fiddler  Offline
Administrator
Monterey, CA
Congratulations AR - wonderful news!

It is natural to have anxiety if you have had a miscarriage previously. Hopefully this will turn out differently than that did.

"Grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know that one is me."
Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: Fiddler] #425146
06/26/17 11:32 PM
06/26/17 11:32 PM
SoCal
Chrysalis Offline
Global Moderator
Chrysalis  Offline
Global Moderator
SoCal
Big congrats, AR! Happy news, indeed!

Chrysalis
Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: Chrysalis] #425155
06/27/17 12:24 AM
06/27/17 12:24 AM
B
Blair Offline
Blair  Offline
B
Congrats! Fantastic news!

Take it one day at a time and celebrate the small stuff. Sometimes that means keep food down during the throes of morning sickness!

Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: Blair] #425159
06/27/17 12:58 AM
06/27/17 12:58 AM
AntigoneRisen Offline OP
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
Thanks, everyone!!!

My due date is Valentine's Day.

I forgot one of my symptoms: HOT! HOT HOT HOT! For a while, I thought everyone's air conditioning was on the fritz. Turns out, it's just me.

I've discovered the hot/cold, which is just bizarre. My husband says, "Are you cold?" I reply, "Yes." He tries to put a blanket on me, and I stop him. He asks, "Why don't you want the blanket?" I say, "Because I'm hot." He says, "I thought you were cold." I say, "I am. I'm both. It's the hot/cold at the same time. Understand?" He says, "No."

"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: AntigoneRisen] #425163
06/27/17 02:38 AM
06/27/17 02:38 AM
midwest
Miranda Offline
Global Moderator
Miranda  Offline
Global Moderator
midwest
Lol. I understand the hot/cold!!! I have that all the time!!

When we open to this moment and don't judge it or try to change it, even when we're suffering and wish it were otherwise, we tap into the spaciousness of mind that allows us to move forward skillfully, with discernment and joy. -- Sharon Salzberg
Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: Miranda] #425165
06/27/17 03:08 AM
06/27/17 03:08 AM
AntigoneRisen Offline OP
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
Originally Posted By: Miranda
Lol. I understand the hot/cold!!! I have that all the time!!

Aha! Aha! I AM NOT ALONE!

Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: AntigoneRisen] #425169
06/27/17 04:56 AM
06/27/17 04:56 AM
B
believer Offline
believer  Offline
B
Congratulations, AR!

I waited until I was older because I wasn't sure I wanted children. My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage.

I went on to have two children. There is nothing on earth like the bond between a parent and child, and nothing on earth like the bond between the two parents of a child.

The bond with my partner over the kids was what I missed most when we divorced. I had the same bond with the father of my step-kids, and miss it now that he's gone.

Take prenatal vitamins, don't smoke or drink a lot of coffee, and don't stress out.

I can relate to the tiredness the first 3 months. I was exhausted. Everything smelled horrible, things tasted strange, and I was nauseated. My breasts hurt, too.

This news is really exciting and I'm sure you'll do fine.

"I feel sad that I focused so much on his potential and so little on mine."
Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: believer] #425173
06/27/17 09:56 AM
06/27/17 09:56 AM
PEEKSKILL NY
Rich57 Offline
Advocate
Rich57  Offline
Advocate
PEEKSKILL NY
Congrats

I just looked up the stats on first time pregnancies and miscarriages and as I suspected it is a lot higher than most people think.
Also I wonder how many go unreported which might make the stats even higher.
I know that before my two children were born my ex miscarried and it was quite traumatic.

However all that being said this sounds very exciting!!
I am so happy for you and this is great news!!
smile smile smile

Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: believer] #425179
06/27/17 02:44 PM
06/27/17 02:44 PM
AntigoneRisen Offline OP
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
Originally Posted By: believer
I waited until I was older because I wasn't sure I wanted children. My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage.

When I was younger, I was pretty certain that I didn't want to have children. As I got older, I knew I would have them only under certain conditions. I will not bring an innocent child into a life like the one I lived.

There is nothing on earth like the bond between a parent and child, and nothing on earth like the bond between the two parents of a child.

I think it has a lot of positives. It also has a lot of negatives and struggles. Just like all family relationships. It's worth it to me, because I want to have a family that includes a human child. Sure, I have a family now, but my kids currently all have paws.

I'm excited, and I'm scared. I think that's normal, though.

Take prenatal vitamins, don't smoke or drink a lot of coffee, and don't stress out.

I've cut the caffeine, although I was never a big coffee drinker. I drink drank a lot of the Divine Elixir (Diet Coke, etc). I did a farewell post to it on my FB wall last week.

This news is really exciting and I'm sure you'll do fine.

Thank you!

Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: Rich57] #425181
06/27/17 02:50 PM
06/27/17 02:50 PM
AntigoneRisen Offline OP
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
Originally Posted By: Rich57
I just looked up the stats on first time pregnancies and miscarriages and as I suspected it is a lot higher than most people think.
Also I wonder how many go unreported which might make the stats even higher.

It's quite high, and a lot of them aren't even noticed, let alone reported. Quite often the genetic fusion that happens during conception goes badly awry, and the body has a system for spontaneously aborting (the medical term for miscarriage) the unviable zygote. (Sometimes it fails, but mostly it doesn't.) This generally happens pretty quickly, so women just think their period was a few days late or extra heavy.

I know that before my two children were born my ex miscarried and it was quite traumatic.

I think it is very traumatic for those who want to have a baby.

However all that being said this sounds very exciting!!
I am so happy for you and this is great news!!
smile smile smile

grin grin grin grin

Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: AntigoneRisen] #425269
06/28/17 01:49 AM
06/28/17 01:49 AM
NewEveryDay Offline
Advocate
NewEveryDay  Offline
Advocate
Congratulations AR I'm so happy for you! I'm glad to hear you excited too :-)

"I have everything I need." and "I am exactly where I am supposed to be." ~Louise Hays
Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: NewEveryDay] #425486
07/01/17 10:58 PM
07/01/17 10:58 PM
wiser_now Offline
wiser_now  Offline
I am incredibly happy for you, AR!

A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short. --Andre Maurois

Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: wiser_now] #425499
07/02/17 02:58 AM
07/02/17 02:58 AM
right here waiting Offline
Board of Directors
President
right here waiting  Offline
Board of Directors
President
We all are, Momma! You know that. cloud9

Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: right here waiting] #426251
07/14/17 08:40 PM
07/14/17 08:40 PM
AntigoneRisen Offline OP
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
A lot has happened since I last posted.

The totally misnamed "morning sickness" has hit me like a ton of bricks. (Seriously, what moron named it as if it happens only in the morning?!) It's so bad that my OB has given me medication for it.

Reminiscent of my first pregnancy, I've begun to have my ocular migraines on a much more frequent basis. I had 2 in 4 days. That's not a small deal, since they leave white matter lesions on your brain.

Last week, I had a major miscarriage scare with serious bleeding and passing tissue. In fact, when I got to the Dr, I was surprised that they found the embryo, gestational sac, and yolk sac intact. Embryo had a good heartbeat. I had a follow-up yesterday, and everything is looking good.

Then, I came home. It was over 100 yesterday, and I was really affected by that. I laid down and took a nap. I woke up with severe lower GI pain, cold sweats, and shakes. I headed toward the bathroom...where I passed out and hit my head on the tile. dunno I then became aware that I was moving my torso up and down against the tile, almost like convulsions.

There hardly seems to be a symptom that I do not have.

1.) I'm nauseous all the time.
2.) I can barely find food that I can stand to look at, let alone consume.
3.) I can barely stay awake.
4.) My boobs HURT. Sore all the time, and with occasional random, shooting pains. Oh, and they itch.
5.) I'm always feeling overheated - like hot flashes.
6.) I get frequent migraines.
7.) Random tweaks in my abdomen where things are apparently moving around. I've come to find out that pregnancy causes your internal organs to relocate all over the place. Apparently, so do the bones in your pelvis.
8.) The skin on my stomach itches.
9.) My vision has blurred, they say this is due to the extra blood and blood flow.
10.) My feet are usually swollen.
11.) I constantly have to pee.
12.) Faintness, Dizziness
13.) Vivid and bizarre dreams

And I'm sure there's actually more. I look up each symptom that presents and, viola, it's always normal. It's normal to have it. It's normal not to. Everything seems to always be normal. Everything. I'm starting to think that I could literally grow a second HEAD, look it up, and find out that it is perfectly freaking normal.

But - my little embryo is still in there with a heart rate of 173. My H says that since it's half Indian, it is stubborn and tenacious. smile Soon, we should graduate to the fetus stage. The tail is already gone.

So, that's my update.

Yawning,
AR

Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: AntigoneRisen] #426253
07/14/17 08:56 PM
07/14/17 08:56 PM
midwest
Miranda Offline
Global Moderator
Miranda  Offline
Global Moderator
midwest
Oh AR

I'm SO sorry this is proving to be so difficult for you.

Sending you much love and peaceful energies.

When we open to this moment and don't judge it or try to change it, even when we're suffering and wish it were otherwise, we tap into the spaciousness of mind that allows us to move forward skillfully, with discernment and joy. -- Sharon Salzberg
Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: Miranda] #426254
07/14/17 09:22 PM
07/14/17 09:22 PM
L
LivingWell Offline
LivingWell  Offline
L
Oh man, the 24-hr morning sickness sucks! My best advice is to try anything and everything that worked for someone somewhere. A few hours in a row of relief can make a big difference in how you feel overall.

About the heat.... crank up the a/c. If anyone complains, make them watch the sequel to Father of the Bride with Steve Martin where the mom and daughter were both pregnant and in shorts while he was dressed for thw Antarctic. Lol!

Although dizziness and fainting may be normal for some people, hitting your head on tile is not! That's what I'm most concerned about.

Ok, so hotter than the dickens, terrible morning sickness, migraines, 173 heartbeat... may I be the first to predict a girl? angel popcorn

Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: LivingWell] #426256
07/15/17 12:58 AM
07/15/17 12:58 AM
S
SmilingWife Offline
Global Moderator
SmilingWife  Offline
Global Moderator
S
AR so sorry you are suffering. My own pregnancy was not like that all and I really feel for you.

Hang in there! Baby makes it worth it. smile

Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: SmilingWife] #426259
07/15/17 01:34 AM
07/15/17 01:34 AM
holdingontoit Offline
Global Moderator
holdingontoit  Offline
Global Moderator
So sorry you are suffering.
How is H supporting you? Is he sympathetic and considerate?

Solutions? There are none. There are decisions.
Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: holdingontoit] #426264
07/15/17 01:56 AM
07/15/17 01:56 AM
B
Blair Offline
Blair  Offline
B
I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling quite miserable. I had horrible morning sickness to the point that my migraines would get out of control and then I would start vomiting. I lost weight my first 3-4 months of my pregnancies. My OB had to put me on medication to stop me from vomiting. I'm not sure if this is part of an issue for you. It was the longest 9 months of my life because it was 24/7.

I would recommend freezing Powerade or Gatorade and forming that into ice chips. Can you keep crackers down? Are you craving anything odd or unusual that you can keep down?

Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: Miranda] #426267
07/15/17 04:59 AM
07/15/17 04:59 AM
AntigoneRisen Offline OP
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
Well, let's be honest. At the best of times, pregnancy is difficult. It's not like you see women running around declaring, "I wish I could be pregnant again. It was so fun! If only I didn't have more kids at the end, I'd spend all my time pregnant!" lol No, we go through it when we determine that the end result is worth it.

The positive, peaceful thoughts are helpful and encouraging through it all.

The hitting my head part is the most concerning. They are running blood tests (took like 6 vials). However, the OB says that I do not look anemic (most common cause of fainting). I am supposed to graze like a cow rather than eat meals, as that should help keep my blood sugar stable (the operating hypothesis at the moment).

I had another migraine (thankfully short, about an hour) tonight. That's 3 in a week. OB says they have other pain pills (besides Tylenol) that they can give me if I need them. It won't help, though. My migraines are not very painful at all. I have horrible neurological symptoms like the flashing lights, tunnel vision, difficulty recalling particular words, and numbness. I have far more pain with a tension headache. I'm now supposed to drink a caffeinated soda every day to help with these.

I've cranked the AC up (down?). I'm the only one affected right now, as my husband is in Tokyo. OB has advised me not to go out in the heat, so I'm trying to schedule dog walks around the hottest times of the day...and to keep the walks short.

LW, you'd officially be the first to make any prediction. Congrats. grin

Mr. AR is actually very supportive. He couldn't be better, really. He reminds me that it is ok to take it easy, and that I'm doing the hardest work. "Making a human isn't easy." When we had the miscarriage scare, he left work and took me to the OB. He was so relieved when they found the heartbeat that he cried...or as he puts it, it became so hot in the room that his eyes started sweating. He attended my appointment yesterday via video conference from Tokyo.

Of course, he is Indian, so he's already coming up with a savings plan for med school. He's researched the cost of the best ones... smirk

I do think that he's trying to take a bit much on himself. He tells me I can't do everything but, well, neither can he. (At least he's finally hired someone to mow the grass, which takes some work off of him.) He's read a good many books, and his mantra is, "No judgement." He actually read a paper on how to read ultrasounds, and he can now identify the gestational sac, yolk sac, and embryo on his own and point them out. He says, "There it is," before the doctor does! For me, it's still like trying to identify shapes in the clouds.

I already know that I won't go beyond my due date. One of the risks of my age is that the placenta function often deteriorates beyond 40 weeks and doesn't provide enough oxygen to the fetus. So, if I don't go into labor before my due date, they will induce me.

OB says that the growth rate, heart rate, etc are to the point that my miscarriage risk has dropped to 3-5%. In two weeks, I go in for the genetic testing. At that point, they can tell me the sex from the fetus's chromosomes. That's almost 100% accurate.

I have had to delay my classes until next term. I begin my new job on the last day of July, so I'm hoping the worst of the first trimester symptoms are over by then.

Crackers...no. I can do breads. Turkish pide seems to always work. Fruits are good, too. Cantaloupe is the most reliable, but I can do blueberries, grapes, cherries, honey dew, and some others. Low fat Greek yogurt with fruit and granola. Cold-cuts. Hummus. Baba ganoush. Most cooked foods are off the table. It really depends on the day and the meal, and I haven't had any bizarre cravings. Mostly, I don't even feel like eating. OB says I need to get some protein in each time I eat, so I've been trying to do that in creative ways.

I'm sticking with my prenatal vitamins, but it's hard. They have iron, which is important right now for placenta development. They exacerbate the nausea, though. I've switched to taking them at night and with some yogurt, and I can keep them down.

Needless to say, I have thrown out the meal plan that my nutritionist made for me. She meant well. The new meal plan is, "Can I even fathom eating that?" ROFL I figure I'm not chugging liquor, doing drugs, or eating old garbage, so beyond that it is what I can keep down.

Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: AntigoneRisen] #426268
07/15/17 06:50 AM
07/15/17 06:50 AM
NewEveryDay Offline
Advocate
NewEveryDay  Offline
Advocate
they make special prenatal vitamins to not cause nausea but the only thing I could keep down was flintstones. Bad I know but we all have limits. Your body will take whatever it needs that it doesn't get enough, like calcium, from your body, so I figured I could replenish after when baby was born. Humans have been surviving famine forever right?

Are you sensitive to light? A bunch of my coworkers sit in a dark area together to prevent migraines.

"I have everything I need." and "I am exactly where I am supposed to be." ~Louise Hays
Re: Antigone Procreating [Clicker Discretion is Advised] [Re: NewEveryDay] #426269
07/15/17 06:52 AM
07/15/17 06:52 AM
NewEveryDay Offline
Advocate
NewEveryDay  Offline
Advocate
And they said not to take iron with dairy because the calcium blocks iron absorption. Unless that's changed, I know lots of things do.

Page 39 of 49 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 48 49

Moderated by  Fiddler, Miranda 

Newest Members
shattered72, Broken19, Amadhy, Farnell, 805bail
2044 Registered Users
Latest Topics(Posts)
COVID019: SBA loans for businesses, homeowners and renters3
How are you all doing?3
Combated Gaslighting11
Help! Hubby of 26 years having affair with former co-worker186
Article: My Husband Didn’t Come Home One Night1
How To Spot A Narcissist—And Deal With All Their Manipulative BS1