Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 10 guests, and 35 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
 Trending Topics(Posts)
1.Ask Amy's very bad advice on affairs1
2.The Joke Thread1
3.Financial counselor says communication is key when mixing money and marriage - Grand Forks Herald0
4.Daughter says father made ominous threats if his wife sought a divorce - Portland Press Herald0
5.A Straight Spouse Of A Gay Husband Speaks Out0
6.Rise Above Past Relationship Failures - Psychology Today0
7.Toxic Relationship dynamics0
8.Women Who Don't Orgasm - Psychology Today0
9.Highspire man tried to kill wife in car crash after marriage counseling session went south, police say0
10.6 Ways to Recreate, Not Just Salvage, Your Relationship - Psychology Today0
*By replies in last 2 weeks.
In The Media(Posts)
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’3
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Does anyone remember this story?3
Validation to find-win-win slutions2
Things men want4
These Are The Signs You're Dating A Narcissist3
Girlfriend's 'controlling' list of 22 rules for boyfriend goes viral: 'She sounds crazy'9
What Divorced Men Wish They Had Done Differently In Their Marriages7
Alienation of Affection / Criminal Conversation9
Would you pay your ex a 'break-up fee'? - BBC3
more >>
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 110 1 2 3 4 109 110
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #1702
09/09/10 05:00 AM
09/09/10 05:00 AM
New Zealand
Lil Offline

Lil  Offline

New Zealand
Originally Posted by Mimi
Believer:

I guarantee you that once you have a pedicure you will become addicted. You will be saying: How did I live without this?

Oh ye!. Put on a pair of socks - even if you're not cold. I swear you can feel the individual threads after they grind off all that horrible old skin!

AKA Lildoggie

Just found out about your spouses affair?
Infidelity Guide For The Betrayed Spouse

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Lil] #1707
09/09/10 05:24 AM
09/09/10 05:24 AM
SoCal
Chrysalis Offline
Global Moderator
Chrysalis  Offline
Global Moderator
SoCal
When I last went to visit my sweet DD23 in NY, I asked her to show me something she loved about NY. She picked 2 things. First, we walked the Brooklyn Bridge. At Midnight. In the rain. Priceless.

Then, she took me for a pedicure. My first ever. I have gotten several since, all mindful of by beautiful DD23.

Chrysalis
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Chrysalis] #1736
09/09/10 12:03 PM
09/09/10 12:03 PM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
This is why I say the GODDESS LIFE is about SELF-LOVE...Taking care of ourselves both INSIDE and OUTSIDE.

The more I LOVE myself, the more I wanna feel and look PRETTY because I am a LADY..that's who I AM...

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #1754
09/09/10 01:25 PM
09/09/10 01:25 PM
W
weaves Offline
weaves  Offline
W
The GODDESS thread! Mimi!!!!!

I cannot believe the weight you lost Believer. Wow! Good for you.

I love make-up. Never had a pedicure because I just can't stand the thought of a stranger touching my feet. It's seems like such an intimate act to me.

I do however, paint my toenails. No slob here. Did I mention I love makeup, and clothes and really great hair cuts.

I do have a beauty tip -

I live next to the Sponge Docks (FL), where the Greek fishermen go out in their boats and harvest up the sponges. And the Greek women make the most amazing soap out of olive oil (also goats milk, but I like olive oil soap).

I picked up a facial wash sponge for exfoliating, and a makeup sponge for putting on my make-up, and let me tell you they work amazingly well. Both of them.

Wash face every night and moisterize, moisterize, moisterize. (that's my tip, but you would be surprised how many women don't do that) (An 88 yo woman told me that is how she has the most beautiful, un-wrinkled skin I have ever seen on a person of that age Or even 20 years younger)

(I left Savannah, Mimi, because my H didn't like it there. I sure do miss the beauty.)

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #1759
09/09/10 01:40 PM
09/09/10 01:40 PM
Ace Online
Advocate
Ace  Online
Advocate
Originally Posted by Mimi
This is why I say the GODDESS LIFE is about SELF-LOVE...Taking care of ourselves both INSIDE and OUTSIDE.

The more I LOVE myself, the more I wanna feel and look PRETTY because I am a LADY..that's who I AM...

You're right, Mimi and I need to be brainwashed.....to become a Goddess for me even if my DH loves me the way I am and AS is not that high on his list.

I need to be brainwashed to overcome my AEA* tendencies that accompanied my losing weight and becoming more Goddess-like just before the A hit.

Thanks for this 'ahah' moment....I'll be following along even if I don't post here much.

Ace

*(Almost Emotional Affairs = having my affection/conversation/admiration EN's met by other guys and telling my H about it but having him glad other guys met them so he didn't have to....I'll post more about it when I start my blog...)

We're overcoming decades of marital dysfunction including abuse, passive aggression, gas-lighting & infidelity (both of us).

Our Weird and Ongoing Story
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Ace] #1871
09/09/10 08:02 PM
09/09/10 08:02 PM
DFW, TX
TACticGAL Offline
TACticGAL  Offline
DFW, TX
I never heard about the goddess thread on the other board, but I just have to jump in here... I *am* the Anti-Chick. At 40, this past summer, I had my FIRST PEDICURE **EVER**. It was because I was in one of my BFF's weddings, and she set up a spa day for all the bridal party.

I AM HOOKED.

My budget is whack for the next couple of months due to back to school costs combined with the divorce, but as soon as I can start scraping the money together, I'm back at a salon. In the meantime, I bought a bunch of fun colors of polish and am keeping it up myself as best I can.

AND I had to buy several pairs of open-toed shoes since I had NONE. grin

I found myself even wanting to wear skirts and capris/shorts more, and started shaving frequently and moisturizing. I've got the start of a whole beauty routine going now. grin

So I guess the Anti-Chick can still be a goddess?

Let me not be so vain to think I'm the sole author of my victories and and a victim of my defeats. -- ze frank
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: TACticGAL] #1889
09/09/10 08:48 PM
09/09/10 08:48 PM
Not quite here
Squeaky Tree Offline
Squeaky Tree  Offline
Not quite here
Originally Posted by vit
ST, for just that reason that you mentioned about losing your make up bag,
I have 2nd's of everything, even a third of some, all the same colour and brand.
Heck, I've 4 of my fave lip gloss! One for my work bag and 2 different handbags, and one in my cosmetic drawer
in the bathroom.

Ahhh, tahnks for that V, you reminded me. My sis gotmy foundation last time and there was some deal going if she bought enough, so she bought me 2 and asked whether I wanted them both,or if she should save it til xmas... I tokk them both, so I have some foundation - what a relief! People have been asking if I'm having a relapse or if I'm ill.

Did you all see that...? Did you...? I've been blessed by a Goddess. cool

I had another dilemma a week or so ago. I was sort of du a haircut, but we're going away for the w/e to a wedding the beginning of Oct, so I'd been trying to work out when to go and get it done..... had this been here then, I'd have had it done back then and again just before the wedding.... as it is I'm just going to have to work hard to control my straggles and cow's licks until the week before that wedding.
ST's hair

When the bank account is teetering above 0 with 2 weeks still til payday is it ok to start looking for an oufit? I don't know the people getting married or any of the guests, it is only the evening do....what should I wear?

Married 22years (this year) ~13y since dday(?)
DD17 DS14
Which way do you like yourself? ~ Stosny
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Squeaky Tree] #1908
09/09/10 09:35 PM
09/09/10 09:35 PM
Looking4 Offline
Looking4  Offline
ST's hair... Hilarious!

Got my first pedi when I moved to L.A. in '96. Got one about every three to four weeks after that while in So Cal, where they are inexpensive and it's sandal-wear 12 months a year.

Moved to the PNW and I've cut down on the professional ones bigtime. But DD7 and I enjoy giving pedis to each other and a couple of times year we go together to be treated by the pros for a mother/daughter outing. I let her pick my color and she usually goes for something loud and sparkly.

I've heard sooooo much about you, Mimi, especially from Goddess Queenie. I'm happy you're here.

Married 19 years
Two children - DS12 & DD10
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: weaves] #1924
09/09/10 10:49 PM
09/09/10 10:49 PM
New Zealand
Lil Offline

Lil  Offline

New Zealand
Originally Posted by weaves

Wash face every night and moisterize, moisterize, moisterize. (that's my tip, but you would be surprised how many women don't do that) (An 88 yo woman told me that is how she has the most beautiful, un-wrinkled skin I have ever seen on a person of that age Or even 20 years younger)

Sunscreen

I have put on sunscreen and moisturiser every single day since I was 18. I love myself for doing it now I am 36.

AKA Lildoggie

Just found out about your spouses affair?
Infidelity Guide For The Betrayed Spouse

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: star*fish] #2007
09/10/10 03:52 AM
09/10/10 03:52 AM
B
Bugsmom Offline
Bugsmom  Offline
B
{{{{{{MIMI}}}}}}}

highfive

{{{{{All Goddesses}}}}}}}}

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Bugsmom] #2214
09/10/10 09:19 PM
09/10/10 09:19 PM
B
believer Offline
believer  Offline
B
Any ladies know of a good body lotion? The stuff I get is fine when it goes on, but during the day it starts smelling icky - don't know who to describe it, kind of like a cheap [Bleep!].

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Bugsmom] #2294
09/11/10 02:34 AM
09/11/10 02:34 AM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
Hey There, BUGSY!! dancing

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #2306
09/11/10 03:03 AM
09/11/10 03:03 AM
Aotearoa New Zealand
KiwiJ Offline
KiwiJ  Offline
Aotearoa New Zealand
Lil, I'm with you on the moisturiser. I've used it since I was 16 and always kept my face out of the sun. That, and good genetics, mean I hardly have a wrinkle and I'm 56.

Someone told me the other day that I looked far too young to be almost a grandmother. I'm 56!!!!!

Jen

FWW 18 month PA 2002-2003 (old HS boyfriend)
Happily Married :o)

I'm a bear of little brain and big words bother me.
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: KiwiJ] #2317
09/11/10 04:27 AM
09/11/10 04:27 AM
Ohio
Chailover Offline
Chailover  Offline
Ohio
Hey Kiwi,

I am 56 too!!!! Staying out of the sun has been key for me too.

Well, as anyone who knew me on the other board knows that I am the "hair" lady. NEVER go out without my hair done, and I get it colored/styled/cut every 6 weeks. I've been long, short, straight, permed and curly, cropped, moussed, BIG, banged, no banged, foiled, red, blonde, brunette, and many different combos of the above. It's been kind of my trademark over the years. Pictures of my Mom over 85 years all show the exact same hair style and color. Never changed. In every picture taken of me in my 56 years, my hair is never the same twice.

BUT I HAVE NEVER HAD A MULLET!!!!!!

And as some of you know, the money that I spend on my hair was the subject of about 90 minutes of questioning during the D trial until the judge finally screamed at XWH's atty saying "I don't want to hear anymore about hair!!!"

'Nuff said about hair.

Pedicures? Different story. My entire family says I have the ugliest feet ever. Take after my G-ma - all about bunions. Looked at having them cut off, but didn't like the Podiatrist description of the procedure and recovery. Although it couldn't have been as painful as the infidelity that I suffered.

So hair YES, pedicures NO. Too embarrassed 'bout my ugly feet. Maybe XWH left me because of my ugly feet? But then he didn't have the greatest looking feet either.

I just wear closed shoes.

So to all of you Goddesses with lovely feet, I say go for the pedicures.

I'll stick to my hair. No pun intended....

Divorced 12/09
ex BW
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Chailover] #2335
09/11/10 11:02 AM
09/11/10 11:02 AM
T
Telly Offline
Telly  Offline
T
This thread is SO helpful... (I never read it on the *other* board).

I am realizing from reading it just how little I do to take care of myself and be kind to myself and my body.

That makes me sad.

But it also gives me hope.

I wonder how much of my mild depression is due not to my H not valuing me enough--but ME not valuing me enough.

Thanks Mimi et al.

Married 13 years
D10
D5
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Telly] #2343
09/11/10 11:57 AM
09/11/10 11:57 AM
W
weaves Offline
weaves  Offline
W
BUT I HAVE NEVER HAD A MULLET!!!!!!

LOL

Don't any of you girls have ticklish feet??? I feel so unwomanly because I just don't think I can get a pedicure. Maybe I should make that part of my personal recovery.

You too, Telly. Maybe that could be part of your starting to pamper yourself goal.

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: weaves] #2346
09/11/10 12:58 PM
09/11/10 12:58 PM
nj
nikko Offline
nikko  Offline
nj
i just have to say......i do regular pedicures.....but i absolutely HATE getting them. LOL i cannot stand people touching my feet and i am a ball of stress the whole time! lol i feel so bad for my pedicure lady....she tries so hard for me to enjoy it. i just don't. lol

now im gonna fess up.....i was in the beauty industry for over 25 yrs....started as a stylist, moved on up to a master colorist, who specialized in corrective color. i worked in and for some very high end spas and companies. my whole life was spent on how i looked....and we had to look impeccable every day....lets face it, if your stylist doesnt look amazing(hair, make-up, clothes) are YOU gonna trust them??!! LOL after hubby's affair, i retired two yrs later. since then i don't do any of it. i spent my life looking amazing, cutting edge, and hot and the fool still went and did what he did!(i know, i know....) most of my time i am with my animals on the farm and they think im a goddess just because i have carrots! lol

the other problem is....as soon as a stylist or colorist finds out who i am....they get nervous as he// working on me. i hate it!

today, though, i am getting dolled up again....hyundai motors is presenting a 100,000.00 check to a camp here for their work with children with cancer. the higher-ups have asked that i be there to help represent hyundai....hubby is a hyundai dealer. i was honored.....so i am off to bring the goddess back for the day!

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: nikko] #2347
09/11/10 12:59 PM
09/11/10 12:59 PM
nj
nikko Offline
nikko  Offline
nj
oh yeah....i love "aruba aloe" skin products!!! i live by them!!

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: nikko] #2350
09/11/10 01:29 PM
09/11/10 01:29 PM
B
believer Offline
believer  Offline
B
Telly - We can get you caught up real quickly. First thing today, go through your clothes and toss anything resembling sweats. Mimi absolutely doesn't allow them. And she doesn't want to hear how comfy they are. Out they go.

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: believer] #2354
09/11/10 02:17 PM
09/11/10 02:17 PM
T
Telly Offline
Telly  Offline
T
Lol!

Well I am on my way out the door to CAMP!

I'll check in on Monday. :-)

Married 13 years
D10
D5
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: star*fish] #2359
09/11/10 03:06 PM
09/11/10 03:06 PM
Lor Offline
Lor  Offline
I can't remember if I ever posted on the old goddess thread or not. But it looks like fun here.

I'm another one that doesn't like my toenails touched by others, but I always wear polish. Just bought new bottles of blue & gold as a St. Louis Rams fan. Sadly it will be boot season here soon and only my H will see them.

I recently dyed my hair close to my real hair color, a reddish brown...funny I don't remember the shine of silver. If I want to keep dying it, I might as well have some blond highlights. We'll see.

Formerly Lor(Lor)
Married 27 years
Surviving the empty nest
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Lor] #2365
09/11/10 03:28 PM
09/11/10 03:28 PM
wiser_now Offline
wiser_now  Offline
I'm not sure I ever wrote on the original goddess thread, either but it DOES look like fun.

I tried to highlight my hair to match the grey (at a salon, of course. I could never do that!)... some people said it looked great, some said it looked good but made me look older... I loved it! I didn't have to dye my hair again and the highlights only needed to be done about once every four months or so. Alas, my girl moved to Ottawa (scoundrel!) and other salons I've asked about it look at me like I have two heads. I am so sick of dying my hair every three/four weeks! That's what I'm doing now.

Toenails? Love them painted, don't like going to anyone to have them done. I can't see anymore so it's difficult with darker colours but I've found a really nice seashell offwhite/pinkish shade that is can't miss... even if I go off the edges it's okay.

Have you guys talked about this yet? I saw an article about a new pedicure where you put your feet in a bucket with these slug looking things that eat the dead skin off your feet? If you haven't, I'll go find it and share. LOL

A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short. --Andre Maurois

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: wiser_now] #2371
09/11/10 04:27 PM
09/11/10 04:27 PM
star*fish Offline
Board of Directors
star*fish  Offline
Board of Directors
omg...slugs! No, haven't heard of that eeekk!

One product I use in my everyday regimen for removing makeup is Cetaphil(specifically the one for sensitive skin). It doesn't burn the eyes so I can rub it right on for removing mascara. It does a beautiful job of cleaning and removing makeup and leaves your skin feeling soft and never oily. It's incredible, affordable and really lasts because it requires so little. But my favorite thing about it....is that you can clean your face or remove makeup even without water. It's my secret for camping trips!! I use it to clean more than my face if I have no water.

smile

"Yes, I'll have the love combo, open faced with a side of respect and large a glass of forgiveness, easy on the ice please--my brother
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: wiser_now] #2372
09/11/10 04:28 PM
09/11/10 04:28 PM
SoCal
Chrysalis Offline
Global Moderator
Chrysalis  Offline
Global Moderator
SoCal
Hi goddesses! Mimi, I am so thrilled you are here.

Kiwi, Chai, I am 56 too! My kids tell me I look younger than that. I think I look younger than pictures of my parents at similar ages. Not too wrinkly, very little grey. I have gone back to my natural color because the processing was too hard on my baby fine straight hair.

Pedicures! My DD23 treated me to a mani-pedi when I visited her in NY a few months ago. I do have ticklish feet, but got used to it. I don't keep it up all the time....the same thin/fine/fragile thing that goes on with my hair goes on with my nails. But I do have to say that having pretty feet changes my entire outlook!

My goddess thing right now is getting back to regular exercise. I had gotten very slackish, and it was showing. But for the last month I have been back on the treadmill regularly, and it is improving my mood and my health. I try to do 45 minutes of a hill-climbing program 3x a week, and I am pushing the speed up as I can.

Carry on!

Chrysalis
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Chrysalis] #2373
09/11/10 04:32 PM
09/11/10 04:32 PM
W
weaves Offline
weaves  Offline
W
That 88 yo lady with the most beautiful face told me she uses Cetaphil soap, too. Cetaphil is the moisturizer she uses as well - the thick kind in a jar (at night).

new beginning you about made me lose my lunch with that slug procedure. Yikes.

Page 2 of 110 1 2 3 4 109 110

Moderated by  Fiddler, Miranda 

Newest Members
Love_Smacked, starfire, JoyfulMimi, bruers, shattered72
2048 Registered Users
Latest Topics(Posts)
Hearts Blessing5
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’3
63 Marriage Facts1
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Updates Divorce Stats4
no more rainbow members?9
BR - The Art of War - Sun Tzu5
Questions & Answers About Marriage---responses from 7-10 year old kids4
seeing new members on mobile version5
Return of the Goddess31
Community Information
2048Members
1Penalty Box
6Suspended