He's off the ECMO which is great. Still intubated and heavily sedated. They are going to slowly withdraw the sedation over the next several days.

My daughter and I are flying to Houston today -- I bought her ticket because I need her moral support. I love my sister in law but she can be very controlling.

Just found out last night that a family member by marriage is there whom I despise. I'm not sure how I'm going to avoid this guy but my first step in self care was to rent a car so I'm not dependent on my sometimes controlling sister in law. I don't want to get stuck somewhere -- either the house or the hospital -- with this guy.

I find myself in an almost constant conversation with God about his suggestion that my brother's work here may be done -- She and I are not in agreement on this point AT ALL.

When I went through the Stuff with my daughter, I said out loud "this is the worst thing I have ever been through and when John died I said out loud "this is the worst thing I have ever been through" and I am never saying that again.

Bidden or not bidden God is present.