I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew LG. We've had several similar tragic losses in our family, and the untimely death of a young family member is devastating.

I read this after my cousin died of an overdose--and it helped me. I share it with you:
Quote:
What I have learned is that the loss of a young person does not fade away, nor does it diminish over time, but it can be transformative. You carry a wiser, more compassionate heart because you have swum in the murky, heavy waters of grief. You understand more fully that life is dearest and most meaningful when shared with others.

Perhaps, most surprisingly, you discover that the wide-open explosion of your heart created a kind of spontaneous combustion that allows you to hold a still-point of light. You are now able to illuminate the dark for others who have been sucker-punched by grief. And this heart light will hold you steady as you breathe and step forward into a new day, knowing that you carry them with you, now and forever more.

As far as your mom and dad are concerned, I'm going to make a suggestion for you. The people at hospice were very good at helping me with the failing health of my mother, sister and brother, but in my time at all of the care facilities I've had experience with, I'm also aware of certain counselors that are available to help people in my (and now your) situation.

I looked in Dallas, and I found someone I think might be a really good resource for you.

http://agingcaresolutions.com

Kay Paggi is a geriatric counselor/manager the DFW area who helps caregivers and their parents to navigate the challenges y'all are now facing.

Quote:
As a Professional Geriatric Care Manager, I have extensive knowledge about the costs, quality and availability of aging services. I hold a Master's Degree in Counseling and every year I attend several seminars in various topics related to Eldercare. I am an Advanced Professional member of the Aging Life Care Association, having joined the original association National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers in 1994. I have been in private practice since 1996. (For more information, see my Resume)
I have been working professionally with aging adults and their adult children since 1989. I know the eldercare system, especially as it is in Dallas and the DFW area. Providing care for your parents is unpredictable, there are few people to turn to for advice, and the medical system is poorly organized. Let me help you help your care receiver.

Sending prayers and blessings your way.

"Yes, I'll have the love combo, open faced with a side of respect and large a glass of forgiveness, easy on the ice please--my brother