The guy is doing what he said he would do. Tens of millions of people wanted what he was proposing. Some people feel these regulations hurt the economy and cost jobs to an extent that outweighs the benefits they provide. Maybe we can't afford to prevent all of the wrongs and evils and bad things in the world.

I am not a Trump supporter. I did not vote for him. But I want him to succeed, because I live here and intend to continue living here and I want our country to succeed.

If you are outraged by his policies, run for local office. School board. Town council. Get a resume that qualifies you to be a state legislator. Then you can vote for Congressional districts that aren't designed to congregate liberal voters into a small number of districts. If you are not interested in running for office, campaign for someone who is. Collect signatures to get people who share your views onto the ballot. Knock on doors. Help get out the vote. There are lots of things you can do.

None of that will result in Trump ceasing to be president until 4 years form now. But it might take 4 years to do the work to translate outrage into electoral power. So don't bemoan the fact that the next elections are so far away. Be thankful that there is enough time between now and then to organize the resistance.

And if you need a dose of consolation sooner than that, Alec Baldwin is hosting SNL tomorrow.

Solutions? There are none. There are decisions.